Choc Pop Almonds
The Meringue Girls, have created a suite of food-art imagery and a deliciously quirky ‘Choc-Pop’ snack. Inspired by almonds’ nutritional prowess with a crunchily popping surprise!
250g Whole Almonds
100g Dark Chocolate
1 tbsp Popping Candy
1 tsp Sea Salt Flakes
- Heat your oven to 180C and line a flat tray with parchment.
- Spread your almonds out on the lined baking tray and roast them dry for 15 minutes.
- Break the chocolate up into little bits and place it into a heatproof bowl. Sit it over a pan of simmering water and allow the chocolate to melt, stirring occasionally. Once all the little bits have disappeared, remove the pan from the heat. The chocolate should be smooth and glossy.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the roasted almonds directly onto the tray - Jackson Pollock style - followed by a generous sprinkle of the popping candy and flakey sea salt.
- Let the chocolate set (if you can wait) and serve in a cute little bowl or package them up.
- ALMOND CHOC POP POWER!