VITAMIN E + MAGNESIUM
Do you know which type of vitamin E the human body absorbs best? It’s called alpha-tocopherol (AT) vitamin E, and California Almonds are one of the leading food sources of this important antioxidant. It’s a good thing too because most people get only half of their recommended vitamin E each day, providing yet another reason to include almonds in your product or on the menu.
- Alpha-tocopherol vitamin E may help neutralize nasty free radicals that can damage cells, tissues, and even DNA.
- A 30-gram handful of almonds unleashes 65% of the RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance) for vitamin E to help fight the good fight.
- Almonds are one of the best food sources of AT vitamin E, which the National Academy of Sciences has identified as the only type of vitamin E that makes itself available to cells in the circulatory system.
- A 30-gram serving of almonds contains a similar amount of total polyphenols as one cup of green tea and ½ cup of steamed broccoli.2
2. Milbury, P.E.; Chen, C.; Dolnikowski, G.; Blumberg, J. Determination of flavonoids and phenolics and their distribution in almonds. J. Agric. Food Chem, 2006, 54,5027-5023.