Almond Caramel Popcorn Clusters
Crunchy whole almonds and popcorn pieces coated in a sauce, made from almond butter, coconut oil, maple and spices.
110g (1⁄2 cup) popcorn kernels
2 tablespoons almond butter
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
6 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup roasted almonds
1) Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C.
2) Add 1/2 cup almonds to a roasting tray and place in the oven for around 8 minutes to toast. Place on the side to cool.
3) Start by putting 2 tablespoons of coconut oil into a large pan and melting it over a medium heat. Remove from the heat and add your popcorn kernels, then put a lid on the pan and wait 30 seconds before returning to the heat – this allows all the kernels to heat up evenly. Put the pan back on the heat, with the lid on, and keep on the heat until all the popcorn has finished popping. When all is silent, remove the lid and pour the popcorn into a bowl to cool.
4) Now make your sauce. Mix the melted coconut oil, almond butter, cinnamon and maple syrup together until combined and smooth. Chop the toasted almonds and add to the sauce, pour over the popcorn and toss well.
5) Put into the fridge to allow to set for about 30 minutes, or until the sauce has hardened. Store in an airtight container in the fridge, it will keep for up to 3 days. uncoated, the popcorn can be kept out of the fridge in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag.