Cherry, Almond & Coconut Paradise Crunch
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan).
2. Spread the almonds and seeds on a roasting tray, roast for 5-10 minutes until they turn slightly golden.
3. Remove from the oven and let them cool.
4. Line a 24 cm square tin with baking parchment (have some over-hang so you can easily remove the mixture later).
5. Pour the cooled almond and seed mix into a large bowl along with the coconut flakes and cherries --mix together.
6. Place the oil and honey in a pan, heat gently then bring up to boil and allow the sweet liquid to bubble for a minute.
7. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, stir through the roasted almond mixture.
8. Transfer the mixture immediately to a square tin spreading into an even layer--pressing down as you go so the mixture is tightly compacted.
9. Place in the fridge until the mixture is cold.
10. Break the chocolate up into pieces and place in a heatproof bowl. Sit the bowl over simmering water and allow the chocolate to melt -- stir occasionally. (Note: do not let the water touch the bottom of the bowl or it will burn the chocolate.)
11. Once melted leave to cool slightly
12. Remove the cooled almond mixture from the fridge and drizzle the melted chocolate over the almond mixture. Add a sprinkle of sea salt to complement the sweetness of the chocolate and honey.
13. Once the chocolate is set, remove from the tin and break into snack size crunchy bites.
SAT FAT: 6.5g
VITAMIN A: 9.4mcg
VITAMIN E: 0.01mg